Make it possible to build the C++ version as a library
I tried to submit a patch but the button in the 'Pull Requests' tab is always greyed. README.adoc hints that you do not accept direct mail. How can I proceed ?
Just found the upload zone below. Posting the patch, in case it might be useful.
This patch adds the following functionalities :
- Allows the code to be built as a dynamic library
- When built as a library, adds Location and ContactInfo optional fields
- Adds Reason optional field when built both as a library and as an executable
- Possibly customize signature field name
- Sign (incrementally?) multiple times, each one listed by pdfsig and okular
DISCLAIMER : I am not an IT professional, just a hobbyist. I wrote the patch
because it may perhaps be useful to me as a library.
I have written an e-mail to you, we should be able to get this resolved.
I'll try to find a way to prevent such delays in the future.
I don't know. I've "librarified" the program in a separate branch that I've pushed now but I'm not happy with it. C++ is a horrible programming language in terms of libraries and linking.
I think I'll just close this issue for now, since according to our e-mail communication there would be no user for this (sub)change, and one can just fork-exec the current pdf-simple-sign binary to get at the same result anyway. I don't have the time to tinker with this all week.
Still, thank you, you've forced me to put everything /else/ back in order. :)
Deleting a branch is permanent. It CANNOT be undone. Continue?